Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Chicken Curry

Makes 3 servings

NOTE: Nutrient information does NOT include the modifications I have made to the recipe (modifications are in parentheses)

1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, diced
2 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
3 Tbsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. cumin
1 lb. chicken breast, cut into chunks
1 c. coconut milk (I buy the light coconut milk)
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. 2% low-fat (I have fat-free on hand so that's what I use) Greek yogurt
Juice of 1/2 lemon

Coat a large skillet with oil and place over medium heat.

Saute onions until softened, about 2 minutes, then add garlic, ginger, curry, cinnamon and cumin. Stir to combine. Add chicken and let sear, about 2 minutes.

Add coconut milk, water and yogurt, stir to coat and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Add lemon juice and stir to combine

Nutrients per serving: Calories: 327, Total Fats: 15g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 90mg, Sodium: 118mg, Total Carbs: 8g, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 3g, Protein: 40g, Iron: 2mg

No comments:

Post a Comment